Friday, May 13, 2011
First Business Visits
After a very long day (or night?) we were up this morning for our first business visits to Scottish Microelectronics and the Scottish Parliament. The presenters were very complimentary of our students and talked about how bright and pleasant they were. (We know it, but its nice to hear confirmation from others sometimes too!) I think everyone learned a lot and also realized that we don't know too much about the tech world and the research and development that goes on in the background. The Scottish Parliament building was an amazing architectural wonder that was a treat to see. After that we had some free time to see the sights and walk up the "royal mile" to Edinburgh Castle with an awesome view of the city. The students took lots of photos and I hope to get access to them through the wonders of technology if I can figure out how to do it. In the meantime, here are a few you might enjoy seeing. Tomorrow we travel to Preston and the Preston temple complex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like you are having a great time! I'm glad you got there okay and everything. Enjoy your trip!
ReplyDelete